The Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) is a collaborative multi-state effort by Extension Services across the country to improve the delivery of services to citizens affected by disasters.
Learn more about the Cooperative Extension System.
The mission of the Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) is to share education resources to reduce the impact of natural and man-made disasters:
This mission is carried out through:
- Interdisciplinary and multi-state research and education programs addressing disaster mitigation, preparation, response and recovery;
- Linkages with federal state and local agencies and organizations;
- Anticipation of future disaster education needs and actions;
- Timely and prompt communications and delivery of information that meets audience needs;
- Credible and reliable information
EDEN is the premier provider of disaster education resources delivered through the Land Grant University system.